GOVERNMENT OF DELHI
DEPARTMENT OF TRAINING AND TECHNICAL EDUCATION
MUNI MAYA RAM MARG, PITAMPURA, DELHI – 110034
- Our Vision and Mission
To become the Global Leader in Technical and Vocational Education.
To mould and provide the trained and talented technical manpower for the technological up-gradation of industrial production, services, productivity and innovation, thus contributing to the planned and inclusive growth of the National Economy.
Holistic development of each and every student in all directions by imparting social, cultural and ethical values.
- Our Clients
- Students seeking admission for formal training in the technical education institutions from the lowest level (certificate level) to the highest level (doctoral and post doctoral).
- School dropouts and wards of socially and economically weaker sections/women willing to pursue skill development through non-formal training under short-term programmes.
- Industries/Organizations seeking trained technical manpower.
- Objectives of Department of Training and Technical Education
- To provide World Class Technical and Vocational Education.
- To promote industry relevant Research & Development.
- To nurture innovative skills and creative abilities of students and faculty.
- To foster enterprising spirit among the students.
- To establish facilities for incubation and to promote entrepreneurship.
- Services Provided
Providing Technical Education
- Certificate Level Courses
- Diploma Level Courses
- Degree Level Courses
8. Information Delivery System
A. Under Right to Information Act 2005
Deputy Director (Admn), is the State Public Information Officer at the DTTE (Head Quarters).
Joint Director (Planning) is the First Appellate Authority at the Department of Training and Technical Education.
State Public Information Officers and Assistant State Public Information Officers at each Institute are different.
9. State/centrally Sponsored Schemes being run under this Department
Technical Education Community Outreach Scheme (TECOS)
TECOS is a step in the direction of developing, maintaining and improving the Training and Technical Education services for enabling people from under privileged section of society to earn self /wage employment by acquiring various technical skills.
The salient features of the scheme are as under:
NGOs are participating with the Department of Training and Technical Education in the process of implementation of Technical Education Community Outreach Scheme (TECOS). The training would be provided on the pattern of Modular Employable Skill scheme of DGT, Govt. of India.
Presently, 11 NGOs, under supervision of 9 ITIs, are imparting skill training in 17 Modules of 5 Sectors.
10. Grievances Redressal Mechanism
Director (TTE) is the Competent Authority to look into the grievances with regard to the services provided.